Monday, September 9, 2013

Transfer Time!

Happy P-Day!

This truly has to be a happy P-Day because it will be my very last REAL P-Day. We got our transfer calls Saturday night and I have been called to serve as an Assistant to President Stoker! I'm super excited to be an assistant but it comes with a lot of work which means that my p-days will only be half of what they used to be. I will wait until next week to answer questions about what assistants do because I don't really know just yet. Next week I'll answer all of those questions and more!

It sounds like Thomas and Leif's homecomings went well. I need some pictures of those cute little faces! I can't believe that they're home now. In fact I can't believe that I used to have a life before my mission, it just feels like I've been a missionary forever. It's going to be weird coming home, I'll probably be a weird awkward mess but I don't have to worry about that for another three months so I can prepare myself.

This final week of our transfer was great! We had Dienna come to church with her kids and we set baptismal dates with them. They're progressing well and I'm happy that I'll be able to see them be baptized since I'll be attending church in the same building. I'm hoping that I'll also get to see Ralph be baptized but he isn't all the way in the church just yet. He still needs more time.

Which reminds me of a parable that President Stoker taught us this past week. He spoke of a mother tucking her 5 year old into bed. As she read him a bedtime story the little boy fell out of his bed and onto the hard cold floor. His mother was surprised and asked why he had fallen out and in response the child said, "I fell because I wasn't in far enough." This relates to how we care for those of the church, too many people fall away because they aren't in enough. They don't feel welcome enough or they don't feel needed enough to stay and eventually they fall away. So make sure you tuck in those recent converts nice and tight, mummy-style is my preference, and make sure that they feel needed and wanted in Christ's church.

I love you all and wish you the very best!

Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment