Monday, August 26, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAL!!!!

Week 1 is in the books! This has been a crazy and awesome week! We opened up two new areas in our zone, Manchester 3 and Lawrence 3. We could be opening up another one next transfer too, we'll see. But the problem is that we have all of these missionaries but no apartments to put them in so the manch3 elders have been staying with us and the law3 elders have been here in manchester walking around all day just talking to people. We're in a weird limbo time but our zone still killed it in our standards. We hit 3 of our 4 zone standards of excellence in just the first week. Things are really looking up for us. 

In our ward yesterday we had 9 missionaries! We also had about 7 investigators as well so it was a mad house! It felt like there weren't any other regular members. We had a bunch of Nepali people there and they loved it. Speaking of which, I got in contact with Indra again! She was the cool Nepalese lady from about a year and a half ago. She told us we could come back so I'm pumped for that! We also had Ralph at church again, he's a great guy and my hope is to see him be baptized in the near future. 

Yesterday I also had the privilege of standing in the circle to give the Aaronic Priesthood to Chuck, the black guy that was baptized a month ago. I knew him from my first stint here and being able to give him the authority of God which had been lost for so long was such an honor. I'm so happy to see how the gospel has changed him and his wife. They're still the most outrageous people I know, but I love them. 

I love you all, make it a great week! 

Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment