Monday, August 19, 2013

19 August 2013

August is already half way over....Where has the time gone?? Well, we had zone conference this week (President Stoker's first one too) and it was great. We were anxious to see how it would compare to a President Wilkey zone conference and it was different. 100% different. But good! President Stoker had a lot of things he wanted to make clear- like policies, and he also implemented different things such as a mission vision. The vision of our mission is to help every member have significant missionary experiences. Now a lot of our work is centered around working with the members and helping them share the gospel and becoming comfortable with it.
Sadly, I didn't eat any cockroaches this week but we are eating at a roach coach today for lunch so my chances are looking good. This week Elder Frutos and I have a goal to develop our "Man Skills". These include a good number of skills so we will make sure to document all of our undertakings and show you next week!
I'm not sure if I told you already but the week before last I went on exchange to Lawrence and attended a wedding at the church. Well, this week the same thing happened here in Manchester, we got to help out with a wedding for the daughter of our relief society president. It was a great time for everybody, I'm pretty sure Elder Frutos cried 2 or 3 times. He gets pretty emotional sometimes. But anyway, last night I found out that my boy Julio from Lawrence just got engaged! He has been dating a girl for a while and she has been investigating the church. It turns out that she also has a baptismal date and her baptism and wedding are set for next month! So keep your fingers crossed that I get sent back down to Lawrence to finish up, it'd be great!
I hear Jake is home...Let's see some pictures of that gringo! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week. Make a missionary's day and buy him a slurpee! (unless he's from utah, then you can let him suffer)
Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment