Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Papi! ..and Dad! .....and Capri!

Oh boy! We're on the birthday rush again. This time of year always surprises me and now we have another birthday to add to it. Capri looks great! She's definitely not as scaly and green as Gemma was so that's a relief.. It sounds like everyone had a great and eventful week!

Our week has been pretty good too, we had transfer calls but nothing came our way. Which means Elder Frutos and I will be together for another 6 weeks, but I'm about 90% certain that I'll be done here after those 6 weeks. I'm treating this next transfer like my last one in manchvegas, because it probably will be. I decided to start praying today that I get sent back to Lawrence for my last two transfers, that'd be a great way to end. We also found out that lawrence and manchester are getting new sets of missionaries. That means that each ward will have 6 missionaries so my chances of finishing in lawrence are pretty good but we'll see what happens.

I can't believe it, this transfer will be the one where practically everyone comes home. Once this transfer is over then I'm the only one left, but you know what they say, the first shall be last the last shall be first, right? This is just the time to put my nose down and work like each day is my last. I've been letting a lot of little things get to me lately but I have realized that I can't do that, I need to focus on what I can do and change and give it my all. It's going to be a fun ending but you all will have to let me get some rest when I get home, I don't think I've had a real good sleep for about 20 months haha. Also, I am not changing any diapers, sorry!

So how are Ric and Stella? And Grandma Cathy? And Patriarch Lewis? I haven't been able to write a letter since Gardiner and it's killing me. There just isn't enough time in a day for everything but I'll be sure to do my best to write at least 1 person today!

The craziest stuff that has happened to us have been things that I probably can't mention on here so you'll have to ask me when I get home. My letters have been kind of boring as of late because of that. Things are happening but this isn't the venue to share them. But we did find 5 new investigators this week! We wrecked our zone! It was good because it was more in a week than we had found in 2 transfers. So we're doing well and moving forward. President and Sister Stoker are doing well, they're adjusting and handling problems as they come. They're great people. Oh ya! We just lost another set of office staff, the Benjamin's who went home to washington. They were so great but their mission finally came to and end. It was weird to help them move out because I had helped them move in a year and a half ago. Really a weird deja vu moment. But now we have the Skidmore's and they are great as well.

That's about it for me, I love you all!

Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment