Monday, July 22, 2013

22 July 2013

I can't believe that we are halfway through July already! Summer will be gone before I know it... Which wouldn't exactly be a terrible thing considering the triple digit weather we had this past week. I also spent a few days in Lawrence walking around in the heat so I've had my summer fun and I'm looking forward to Autumn.

Well this week our zone did awesome! We talked with 664 people! That's a ton of people and way more than we normally get. Our competition really helped because our zone had more of a finding mindset and as a result, each area found a new investigator. That hasn't happened the entire time we have been here. President should be happy about that because I know we are.

So Jase is back? That's awesome! Is his Spanish super good?? I'm so jealous of everyone who got or gets to learn a language like that. I try so hard to learn Spanish but it just isn't possible without someone to talk to. I get to use it once or twice a week but it's not the same. Maybe I'll just sneak down to Costa Rica for a while so I can pick it up better. I'm also looking for a Portuguese-English dictionary because I want to know how to pronounce the language. I have been reading through the Book of Mormon in Portuguese and I can understand it remarkably well. On a mission you develop some interesting hobbies because there is only so much you can actually do. My hobbies right now are basketball and languages. So we'll see how good I can get in the last 5 months!

This week I also got to see Ralph! He came to church and I got to chill with him the whole time. He's doing well and really wants to do the right thing but the world is pulling him back pretty hard. But we are looking to play some basketball with him today which should be sweet. It was really good to catch up with him and I think he is going to catch a little more fire now.

Well that's the update for this week, I love you all! Make it a great week!

Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment