Monday, June 10, 2013

10 June 2013

Hey Familia!

Happy Father's Day Dad! I hope you have a great day! Too bad we don't get to call for this, dads don't get any perks like moms do.

This week has been pretty hectic but good. We had an exchange down in Lawrence that required a good deal of counseling and problem solving but things are looking much better. We also had some bumps in the road with Jason but he passed his interview and will be baptized with two other people this coming Sunday! We are super excited for it and hope the ward catches fire because of it.

Hey, tell everyone in the ward hello for me and that I love them! Somehow I have forgotten so many names, I can see their faces but if you ask me to give a name I can't quite do it. It's crazy that Treyson will be back home in nine days! His mission is on the same transfer cycle as mine so my transfer ends right when his mission ends. In other words, I'm counting down for him! I bet Uncle Rog is stoked to get his little trouble maker back. Let me know all the dates for my other friends so I know when to stop writing letters to them, because if I send them a letter to their mission and they're already home I'll look like a fool. So that would be great thanks!

Things are going well here, I totally messed with a Portuguese lady this Sunday at church. She doesn't know any English but she loves the missionaries and always gives us super hard handshakes. Well this Sunday she was giving us a different handshake and was saying, "Positivo!" Well when she did it to me I said, "Muito obrigado!" Which is thank you very much (it's the only Portuguese I know, thanks Sister Nunez!) And the Portuguese lady freaked out! She got a huge smile and asked if I knew Portuguese but then I laughed and said no. But she was still super excited that someone talked to her in a language she knew. It was pretty cool.

I got a letter from Uncle Ric and Aunt Stella this past week (THANK YOU!) and it sounds like Grandpa's funeral went well. It has been a weird thing for me, knowing about his death didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would. I just felt peace in the knowledge and testimony that I have. Knowing that he is still my grandpa and that I'll see him again is a great thing.

Well Mom, we are not in the old Manch apartment, they actually moved out of it because it was such a dump. But we are on the other side of Manchester in a totally new apartment. Speaking of which, we keep getting love notes on our door. We've gotten two of them and they are totally for my comp Elder Parsons. I always joke to him about them and we have them hanging up in our place. Well actually just one is hanging up because one of the AP's "confiscated" the other one. He was just jealous of our style. So ya that's been pretty funny and has kept us on our toes.

Um as for BYU stuff, send me what I need to fill out and I can do it. Or tell me what I need to think about. I'll be wanting to room with my buddies that are in Utah but I don't know who that will be just yet. I think Thomas and Jake will be there but we'll see. Just let me know!

I love you all! Take care and do something fun, it's summer!

Love,
Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment