Monday, May 6, 2013

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Hey Everyone!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT STELLA!!! I hope you have a tremendous day because you and Uncle Ric have done so much for me over the years. So you deserve it.

Secondly, we got our transfer calls this past week and.............I'm leaving! I went two and out and left Elder Davis to stay. He is going to become a trainer so he's excited and nervous about that. But he'll do great! Transfer meeting is tomorrow so I'll see what happens there and where I go.

Oh and I'm now a zone leader so....I'm a big boss now. In fact, you might say that I'm pretty much a big deal. I'm just playing, but in all seriousness becoming a zone leader will be a fun and new experience. A lot more responsibility is headed my way! I'm pumped to start being a zone leader and contributing even more to the work here in the NHMM. I'm hoping and praying that they send me to Methuen Massachusetts. It's a new zone and it will have Manchester, Lawrence, and all of the Massachusetts areas which would be sick! I'm not good in rural areas, I need cities. So now instead of being in charge of 6-8 missionaries, I will be responsible for 20 or so. It's a bit of a jump but I'm looking forward to it so badly! I will let you know more about my new area and comp on Sunday when I call home!

Speaking of calling home, I don't know what time I'll call. It will probably be around dinner time our time so make like Scar and "be prepared!" I only have 60 minutes to make all of my calls so keep that in mind when I tell you I have to hang up. I'm not being mean, I'm being an example haha.

The work here has really exploded! We have four baptismal dates right now and they all fall in the next transfer. I'm looking forward to hearing about them all since I won't be here. We also have two on the way, they just need to start coming to church but once they do they will be solid! I've decided that President lets me stay in an area until we get an increase in numbers and then he takes me out right when it gets good. He just makes me look amazing because he removes me from the area before the numbers drop down to normal, so thanks Prez! I'm like the college coach who does well at a school for a couple of years and then leaves for no reason. I just bounce around all over the place. But this area is great, I love it! But Lawrence still has my heart.

Yesterday Bill and Betty Esterline, the greatest couple in Gardiner and possibly the world, made me a goodbye cake! They had us over for dinner and we had steak and all this good stuff. They are so funny, spending time with them is great. So they made me cake and gave me a card wishing me luck. It was an awesome thing, so make sure you show some love to the missionaries where you are. It really goes a long way. Yes Mom, the card was COVERED in glitter, I had to keep it.

Well, things are going great over here. I get to see my father's dying testimony tomorrow at transfer meeting. (Elder Smith is considered Elder Resendez' "father", because he trained him. Missionaries joke that going home is like dying. So his dying testimony is the last testimony he shares before he goes home.) He better not cry. I'll be so embarrassed if he cries... I love you all and wish you the best! READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!

Love,
Elder Ty Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment