Monday, April 22, 2013

22 April 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMMA!! (Not like I would know, I haven't even met you after all...)

Aloha!

I've decided that I want to live in Hawaii long enough to give me the ability to start every talk by yelling, Aloooooooohaaaaa! It's a dream of mine that is basically the driving factor in my day to day life. So anyways, this week has been pretty good. We have were trying really hard to find some new investigators and we found 2! Woo! It wasn't as good as we had hoped but we also got 5-6 referrals which is off the hook! We're pumped about that.

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot to write about this week. We just hit the pavement and got to work. I've had a spiritual awakening again, those are good right? I've decided that everyone, including myself (especially myself) needs to be off the fence. There's no use standing on the fence when it comes to the gospel. You either live it or you dont. You can't be perfect but you can be improving. So either improve as best you can or just forget about it. Complacency, apathy and procrastination have no place in the gospel. I was also thinking of Samuel the Lamanite and how he stood on the wall to testify to the people. He put himself out there, outside of comfort and convenience, outside of safety and security. He did it because he understood the gospel. He knew it wasnt just a good idea or a reasonable philosophy. He knew it was true and he put himself out there, apart from the world and everything else. He was a true missionary. I have really taken to heart the idea of standing on the wall of testimony, not caring about what fears or doubts or trials that may be headed straight for you. Samuel did his part and left unscathed because he had the faith to stand firm, not to cower or flinch or hide. In the gospel we need to be firm and faithful. We need to stand for what we know, and if we don't know it we need to find out. This is eternal life, the plan and purpose for our creation. So don't treat it like a sunday only thing, or something to live in convenience or something to put off until later. In seminary we went through a period (thanks to Elder Lewis) where everyone gave an insight from Romans 1:16. Now anytime I read that scripture I think of Treyson getting everyone to use that as their insight and it makes me laugh. But it's a great scripture. We shouldn't be ashamed yet many and most of us are. So as us missionaries like to do I am going to be blunt and say, get over yourself. This is too important for you to get in the way. Make the gospel your life and your life will be joy. That is God's work and glory after all. (Moses 1:39)

I love you all and hope you make it a great week! Go and watch some conference, it's good for you!

Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment