Monday, March 4, 2013

4 March 2013

Hello Hello!

I hope all is well down there in toasty Arizona! We have been having fairly decent weather up here in Maine. It's been a little rainy/snowy/muddy which makes driving really interesting. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to give two 20 year old guys a 2013 Chevy Cruze during mud season in Maine. We have almost gotten stuck a few times, but thankfully my driving skills are boss!

Well for those of you who don't know my new address is 35 Neal st in Gardiner ME 04345 apt B. But if you just send the letter to the mission office then I'll get it no matter where I am. But for packages, they need to come here to Gardiner.

Well things are going well down here, the area is growing little by little. I was able to speak some Spanish on Saturday while I was on exchange in Augusta. We met with a less active family who speaks mostly Spanish and it was a lot of fun to talk with them. They're super awesome and are preparing for the temple so the visit was amazing. Oh and they fed us empanadas, so it really couldn't have been much better.

Regarding the transfer process, it is different for every mission and it is based on the mission president's preference. As for our mission, we get a call on Saturday night that tells us if we are being transferred, if there are no changes to our companionship then we do not get a call. But when they call they just say who is being transferred and what they are going to be (Junior, Senior, District Leader, etc.). So we have no clue where we are going except for the clue on what you are becoming. For example, if you are becoming a zone leader, then you know you're going to one of the 6 zone leader areas. Then the Tuesday following the transfer calls we have transfer meeting in Manchester. Usually you travel down there unless it is very inconvenient for your travel plans. At transfer meeting they announce the changes in the areas over the pulpit and send you off as soon as the meeting is over. So it's a huge guessing game, especially since we aren't allowed to talk to other districts and zones about who is being transferred. So it's fun but stressful at the same time.

It's so crazy to think that we are already in March, before I know it it's going to be the end of the transfer and April! It's crazy how fast the time goes, it really doesn't ever slow down. So speaking of March....I know it's my birthday soon but guess what!? I don't have a wish list! I have decided that I don't really need anything at the moment so I don't want anyone to feel like they need to get me something. If you feel like it, then it's greatly appreciated but not expected. Honestly, food and money are the only things that come to mind but that's as much help as I'm going to give so ha!

So have you heard about the new edition of the scriptures!? They should be out August 2013! Go to lds.org to check them out! I guess all of the changes made are only for study aids and spelling so it's not like the doctrine is different or anything like that. But it's still pretty cool. Unfortunately I think they kept the Song of Solomon in there, but you know, whatever.

Oh and this transfer is only 5 weeks, I think all of the missions are trying to match up better with the MTC so I've heard of other missions having a longer transfer and others a shorter one. So we got the short end of the stick...get it?

Well, things are going well here, I'm stoked that Cohen and DJ are leaving soon, they're going to love it! So write to me and tell me how things are going back home! Aloha to you all!

Elder Ty Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment