Monday, March 18, 2013

18 March 2013

Howzit!

So today my companion told me that even though I had a companion from Hawaii, I'm not allowed to say Hawaiian things. Like howzit, dakine, dose, and so on. But I told him that he is mistaken and that I'm going to use them even more now that he said that. I know, I'm such a rebel.

Anyways, this week was incredible! We had interviews with President Wilkey and then we had a broadcast with Elder Ballard, Elder Christensen and Elder Eyering (the area seventy, not the apostle). The broadcast was great, they basically corrected us and taught us how we can be better missionaries. Elder Ballard specifically taught that in order to effectively preach the gospel, we must be masterful teachers. We have to teach as the Savior did, and that's no small task. So my goal now is to become a masterful teacher through two scriptures, D&C 84:85 and D&C 33:8. Look those up when you get the chance.

I have been reading Jesus the Christ lately and something that our mission does is we read the last week of the Savior's life from the gospels as Easter, or the Passover, approaches. Well I just so happen to have read up to the ending part of Jesus the Christ and I am in the last week of Christ's life. Last year I read the last week of the Savior's life and received some great inspiration but this year I'm going to read it from Jesus the Christ and I expect to gain a much deeper appreciation for this season.

I really love the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. Reading them used to be a burden and a challenge but now it has become a strength and a necessity. I love the scriptures, and I love teaching. I never thought I would say that but I really love expounding the scriptures with others and feeling the Spirit. That's why I love Elder Holland so much, it is impossible to hear that man speak without feeling the Spirit or his love for the gospel. Many times when I teach I try to emulate him because of the power he brings into lessons. I highly recommend looking up "missionary work and the atonement" by Elder Holland, it's amazing!


Interviews were pretty great too, I love spending time with President Wilkey. He is one of the greatest leaders I have ever met. In my opinion, a leader needs to be someone who does what I cannot. Otherwise why follow their example or try to learn from them? And President Wilkey does just that, he is more obedient than any of the missionaries, more diligent, more sincere, more Christlike, and just better in every way so as to make him the perfect leader for me. I'm really going to miss him when he leaves, but at least he lives in Utah!


Anyways aloha to you all!
Elder Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment