Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy New Years!

Howzit!?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is doing something fun tonight to celebrate the new year. I know that we'll be in at 8 and probably asleep by 930 haha so make sure to do something wicked awesome (and safe) for me!

For Christmas we ate a ton, mostly on the 24th but then we had two more dinners the 25th. Calling home was super great, it's weird to think I only will do that one more time! Time to step my game up! But it sounds like things are going well back home so that makes me smile.

Elder Kinyon goes home this Friday, he leaves a few days before the transfer ends because they're going to start school the next week so we will be in a trio once he leaves. That means I'll be in my 4th trio and I'll be leading it this time. So with Elder Kinyon leaving everybody wants to feed us now so we have like 6 meal appointments over the next 4 days. Not too shabby if I say so myself.

Thank you to everyone for the gifts/cards you sent me, they're very much appreciated. I love Christmas because it's an excuse for me to hear from people and to see how they're doing.

So this past Saturday we had Hermano Paniagua's baptism! He was so nervous for it but he did it like a champ! He should get the Aaronic Priesthood next Sunday and keep moving from there. It's so amazing, a miracle really, to see how far he has come. His wife was so happy Saturday at the baptism and on Sunday when he was confirmed. His kids were super excited too. They wouldn't leave his side the whole time. Kike (Quique) Barillas, the ward mission leader was the one who baptized Hno Paniagua. Kike is the funniest guy ever. This picture of him kind of shows his humor becuase he's always goofy but puts on a serious face. Oh and Hno Paniagua is the one standing next to E. Christensen. I love all of the gifts I received but I must say that that baptism was the best gift of them all, nothing could beat it. Plus, Chris Cabrera, the young men's leader here who is 24 and super tight was sealed last thursday to his wife. They got married before she was baptized and over the last 3 years she has learned about the gospel and prepared to get sealed so it just barely happened so we had a party for them as well. This week was so amazing! Just writing all of these things makes me realize all of the blessing and miracles we just saw. Count your many blessings right?

Also at the ward party this past Saturday (dec 22) we performed for everyone. We sang and danced to "Los pastores a belen" by David Archuleta and the MOTAB. The problem is that our music was terrible due to the primary stereo we had to use but it was still funny. I'll try to get a video of it somehow. Also, a family from the ward performed Gundham style (or however you spell it) at the party and it was sooooooo funny! I had never heard of it before so it made it even funnier. I was able to get a video of that one so maybe one day you'll get to see it.

Also, our next baptism is jan 13 for DJ, Norma's husband. He read the entire Book of Mormon so fast that we had to get him all of the standard works and a gospel principles book to keep him studying. He's doing great but his store just opened so he has to work most Sundays so we're working to fix that. That's our only problem with him. Also, Elias was all set to be baptized until we found out that he's on probation for the next 3 years. And until he's off of that he can't get baptized, the repentance process you know? So please pray that he stays with the gospel and shows his faith until the day that he can make that covenant. It reminds me of the story in the Book of Mormon of the people who gain testimonies but cannot be baptized because none of them have the authority to do it so they stay active in the gospel until the day that they can find someone with that authority. We hope to share that story with him to help him understand.

Well, I think that's about all I can think of. Yes I'm at Best Buy again. And I'll be here again in January because of MLK day haha so I hope they get used to us. Thank you for all the love and support that give me, remember that Christ lives! Read the scriptures daily, especially the Book of Mormon. Like the story from spring conference 2012, if you haven't read the Book of Mormon, you should! It's a great book! I love you all!

Elder Ty Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment