Monday, October 8, 2012

8 October 2012

Hey Family and Friends!

I hope you loved conference (this past weekend was a church-wide service that we call conference) as much as I did! That missionary announcement was insane! (They announced that the age for missionaries would be lowered from 19 to 18 for boys and from 21 to 19 for girls.) It's weird to think that if I had left right after high school I would be done by now! I think it's a great idea because there's a limbo period after high school and before a mission that can be dangerous. So I think it's a great idea and I kinda wish I could have done that myself. As for sister missionaries, I think it's good that they lowered the age but it is important to remember that a mission is a priesthood duty. Therefore, a mission is only a possibility (not a duty) for girls and I think the prophet and apostles made that pretty clear which is good. A mission is not easy at all and I have seen too many sisters leave early so please, make sure you a ready if you decide to go!

With that said, it's definitely going to be weird having sisters younger than me in the field and also having 18 year old elders.

Hey Seth, you better be going on a mission as soon as you can or I'll take you out! Same to you Papi! Right once you graduate, I'm shipping you off!

So which of my friends said they would be going now? Let me know because this is big news and I feel super out of the loop!

So some Q's:

How was Lorreny's baptism? It was fun to think about you at the very time you were doing it. Is her mom taking the discussions?

-It was awesome!!!!! We did it right in between sessions so during the last session when they talked about being baptized it hit closer to home for her which was awesome. She was so ready for baptism, she really was just waiting on us. I will send some pics next week because I'm in the apple section of Best Buy right now ;)

What is the big news?

-One word, Nunya. :)

What do you want for Christmas?

-I have no clue, give some time to think! It's only the beginning of October!

How do you get along with your companion? Does he have a supportive family?

-We get along pretty well! He is very athletic and can do the splits which is funny. We really help each other to become better which is very important. Yes, his family is very supportive, so are the 10 girls that write to him haha.

Do you guys need anything?

-Ummm.......nope I don't think so. Maybe some magical Spanish skills would be nice. Oh wait, we already have that.

What are your neighbors like?

-We only have our landlord upstairs that ever talks to us. They're Mexican and the wife's maiden name is Resendez, but I haven't been able to talk to her about that yet. Our other neighbors have hookah parties and ride longboards down the giant hill.

What do you do on P days?

-Aside from email in Best Buy, we play bball, write letters and anything else. The zone leaders are coming down today so we are going to have a lot of fun!

If you had one superpower, what would it be?

-Definitely telekinesis. I think that's the one where you move stuff with your mind. That'd be sick. That or be deadpool but not ugly like he is.

Well I gotta run but thank you for your prayers and junk! Watch conference again for me and send me the conference ensign when it comes out please!

Elder Ty Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment