Monday, October 1, 2012

1 October 2012

Orrale Homes!

Woo! This week was very very interesting! I can't tell you exactly why right now. I'll tell you when you're older. But we had a lot happen this week like interviews with President Wilkey, information on Lorreny's baptism, some awesome letters from some awesome friends, a sweet new family to teach, and more!

So first off here are this week's questions:

Is your favorite color still purple? (It's one of mine - Seth)
-Hmmm.....yes I think it is. Red and blue are cool but purple is psychadelic!

How do you get to your new area when you are transferred?
-We get a member to drive us to Manchester for transfer meeting and then we get a member to drive us to our new area. It sounds simple but it gets very complicated!

Do your companions like the Cowboys? (2-1)
-Sadly no. I guess you could say that "many are called but few are chosen."

Do they like the cardinals? (3-0)
-Nope, my comp E. Kinyon likes the Seahawks and 49ers (when they win) haha

Do they even like football?
-Yea! E. Kinyon wants to play for BYU when he gets home so he's pretty big into football.

How do you find out about football scores?
-Connections haha. It's a great way to start talking to LA's or nonmembers on Sunday. Usually the husband of a member named Alberto gives us updates or our main man Julio Calderon.

What would you want/need for Christmas?
-Hmmm....this one will take some thinking. Let me get back to you.

Who cuts your hair? Do you go somewhere?
-Usually a dominican barber. We go to a barbershop to get it cut so we can get a "line up". Look those up if you don't know what they are, they're sweet!

Well that's all the questions! Keep them coming!

This week we had interviews with President Wilkey and they were pretty intense. He had given a lesson in the last zone conference about removing the "dust" in our lives to become better missionaries. Basically dust is small things that we let go by that can build up and will eventually explode. So in our interviews he straight up asked all of us what kind of "dust" we had in our lives and then we worked to remove it. So basically we all got called to repentance, which is good but it kinda hurts at the same time. My "dust" was waking up on time (Ya I know Dad, surprise surprise...haha) so he recommitted me to waking up at or before 6:30 everyday and I have done a lot better. Plus E. Kinyon and I just started busting out some P90X each day so that will help us to get up. Or it will make us more tired and sleep in more... Some missionaries got called out big time so I'm glad my dust wasn't as bad.

We also got news from Bishop Morales that Lorreny has permission to be baptized in our ward!!!! So her baptism is set for Oct 7 at 3 pm. Right in between sessions of conference so it's going to be super memorable! She's seriously so solid in the gospel, it's amazing! This week we also found a lady named Iliana who had seen a couple of videos about the church and was very interested in learning more. When we stopped by to set up an appt with her we ended up teaching her and her 3 kids, all over 18, for almost 2 hours! Then Iliana and one of her daughters came to church the next day and seemed to like it! They are such a cool family, I'm excited to see them again!

I can't believe it's October already! I can remember last October like it was yesterday!

Oh and Happy Birthday Seth! You finally made it to double digits! It's about time, you're already 6 feet tall! Have a great birthday bro, hot lava you!

Thanks for all of the letters you send Mom!

Something cool that I noticed this week is that people are starting to refer to me as being part hispanic instead of just white! Yea!!!!!

Last night a LA said a word that E. Kinyon didn't know and when he asked what it was she told him not to say that word, "because to them (pointing at me and referring to Mexicans) it is a swear word." Yea!!!! Haha I'm getting some street cred! Watch out, by the time I get home you won't be able to recognize me. I'll be that hispanic!

Oh and last but not least, the answer to the poll is........allergies! At least that's what I think it was. Either way, so not the drama. Thanks for all the love and support from you all!

Love,
Elder Ty Resendez

No comments:

Post a Comment