Thursday, August 23, 2012

20 August 2012

Que lo que!

Have I ever said how much I love Lawrence? I hope so but if I haven't, I LOVE LAWRENCE! It's the best, I keep telling people that I'm going to move back here after my mission and they all think I'm crazy.

People keep telling me that my Spanish is "pretty good" and they're surprised at how good it is. But of course that means that it's bad instead of terrible haha so I appreciate their compliment but my head hasn't gotten too big just yet.

So this is Elder Morgan's last week here in the NHMM so we are going to work crazy hard and party crazy hard! Last night we had a ward activity at Hermano Lembert's house. One investigator named Eddy came and brought his family and they loved it! We had a lesson on family prayer, scrip study, and family home evening. Then at the end the families got up one by one and gave their testimonies to the group. I was so surprised when Eddy, who has been taught for 3 months or so, got up with his less active girlfriend and bore testimony of the church. His testimony was so strong and the conviction in his heart was visible in his eyes. Then his girlfriend bore testimony as well and talked about how once they are married, there's some legal things in the way right now, that Eddy will be baptized! I was so stoked when I heard that! So things are going great with them.

On the flip side we lost about 4 investigators this week. It was a tough week but it paid off in the end. We are just going to do our best to talk to EVERYONE we see!

As for Olga, we haven't been able to see her at all which is a bummer. She said she would be at church but didn't end up coming. So we may end up dropping her soon, which I really don't want to do. But we did have a sweet lesson with Jose and Trisha. We have been teaching them since I got to Lawrence and they are great! Trisha is more solid than Jose but they are both awesome! For our lesson with them on friday, they bought us pizza and soda and we had a pizza party! Jose is still iffy on the Book of Mormon but we really stressed to him the importance of reading it and praying about it before scrapping the idea. But he also said that if he didn't like what we were saying that he would have ditched us weeks ago. So he obviously feels the spirit during lessons, he just needs a little more time.

Well, I'm loving it over here so don't worry too much about me! Make it a great week and I'll see you later!

Elder Resendez

P.S. Sorry today's is a short one.

No comments:

Post a Comment