Monday, July 16, 2012

HI MOM!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Hey everyone it's my mom's birthday! So tell her happy birthday for me!

So aside from this week being my mom's birthday as well as Friday the 13th, it still rocked! We didn't have a ton of success with our numbers but we had so many miracles! So if I didn't tell you about Ben last week then I'm going to tell you about him right now!

He is 15 and he showed up at church last week with a member and during the third hour we taught him the restoration. He loved it and was genuinely interested. He committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. Well as awesome as he was, I had no idea what I was in for. We met with him again yesterday and in a week he had read from the title page to Alma 30! That's over half of the Book of Mormon! On top of that he actually prayed sincerely about it and got an answer that it's true! It didn't come the first time he prayed but it definitely came the second time after he had put forth some effort to know for himself if it was true. He was surprised at how fast everything had happened and he is looking forward to being baptized! He could be baptized by the end of the month! That is one of the greatest miracles I have seen yet!

I think teaching youth is so much better than adults because youth take advice and don't give lame excuses. And when they decide to do something, they do it. So I'm on a pretty good spiritual high right now if you can't tell haha. I'm hoping that I'm here to see him be baptized but you never know, transfer calls are this saturday and President's pretty sneaky...

So guess what, being a missionary is awesome. It can stink to be away from home and friends but when you do what you're supposed to and put your heart in it, there's no greater feeling. If you ever think about not serving a mission, stop right there and just do it. It is worth every moment and it is worth every sacrifice you make. So serve a mission darnit! Haha that about sums it all up in apostolic language.

This week we had a fireside with the youth and the bishop gave an awesome lesson on repentance. My favorite thing about his lesson is that repentance is a good thing. We need it. Without it we cannot get closer to God because repentance literally means aligning ourselves with God's will and coming closer to Him. He also talked about how repentance in this body is at least 10 times easier than after we die. So don't waste your time, just get things done now so you can be happy! Also, read the Miracle of Forgiveness, it's wicked sick and it makes you happier. So do it.

Well I love you all, I don't have much time today but I really appreciate your letters of love and support. Especially the Lindsay 3rd ward activity days girls! You rock!

Also, DJ is way cooler than Cohen. Treyson, I mean Elder Lewis, has missionary goggles.

Later Vaders!

Elder Ty Resendez

P.S. Love you Mom!
P.P.S. Tell the rugrats to write to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment