Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 6 of Transfer 2

Hey Hey Hey!

Howzit? Once again, I hope all is well down there in AZ because things are great up here! This week has been pretty tough but the good parts definitely outweighed the bad!

So unfortunately we have pretty much lost contact with Eriberto, if we stop by he loves to talk but he won't call back and we can never get a hold of him. So his baptismal date has been dropped for now. But! We set another one! This week we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders (or Zords if you have ever seen Power Rangers) so I was paired up with Elder Baker. Again! Last transfer I went on exchange with him as well and we really hit it off and this time we got to serve together again. It was awesome! 

When we exchange it is only for about 24 hours and so as we were going from person to person, they all kept falling through. I was nervous because I thought this was going to make me look like a terrible missionary or something because each appointment kept falling through. Then at the last moment we stopped by Israel's house (I think I have talked about him before). We started talking to him and he expressed his uncertainty of being baptized again. Then Elder Baker pulled out Mosiah 18:8-10 and we read it with him. When we finished Israel committed himself to baptism! It was amazing! All we did was set the date for April 22! It was such a powerful lesson that when we got out of it I was physically drained. It is truly amazing at how much power is found in the scriptures!

The other miracle this week was with a less-active member who the Manch Sisters have been visiting. On Monday as we were traveling to an appointment we got a call from the Sisters to come over and give the member a blessing because she had had back problems and a migraine for the past two days. So we went straight over there and when we walked in the whole house was dark and quiet so that she could keep from breaking down in tears. We then gave her a blessing and afterwards left so she could rest. The Sisters later told us that 30 minutes after we left, her migraine went away completely! If that isn't a healing miracle, I don't know what is! I love being a missionary!

So that was my week! Pretty sweet as huh? I loved being able to see the Lord's hand in blessing the lives of His people.

So this week is the last week until transfers! I feel like I should be more nervous but I really don't think I am going to change. I think Elder Rodriguez and I will stay here which is totally fine with me. He always tells me that I'm going to be the next AP and that he is training me for that. But that's never going to happen.

I got a lot of letters this past week and I think I might have time to write back to everyone by the end of the transfer! That's surprising since I'm so bad at it. But please keep the letters coming, I love them! They help me so much!

This week I had the chance to attend another church as part of a deal with an investigator. So we went to her church (Pentecostal in case you were wondering) and she and her dad came to ours. We finally got someone to come to church! It was awesome! Our services are quite different from hers and we are hoping that she felt the Spirit while she was there but we are afraid that her dad is telling her rumors or things when we aren't around to keep her from fully investigating. But we won't give up! We know that these things are true and will make her happy forever! So we can never give up!

I tried to send pictures today but I can't figure the thing out so I may end up printing them off myself and mailing them home but we will see.

Only two more weeks until I'm no longer a teenager...weird. But fun!

Thanks for all that you guys do for me and please keep in touch, I miss ALL of you!

Make it a great week!

Elder Resendez

P.S. Mom, for my birthday you can send it whenever to the mission office and it will be perfect. Also, conference talk CDs would be a great gift for anybody who is wondering what to get me. Or cool ties. Sorry I only have a minute left! I love you all, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment