Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

So I heard there was a birthday this week... Whose was it? It definitely didn't feel like my birthday because it was the hardest work I've ever done on my birthday. But thank you for the packages and the letters that you sent me! Especially for the emails I got today, that was an awesome surprise! (But I can't respond to them, sorry.)

So growing up I thought that I would never be 20 and if I ever got to that point I would feel like at least a 20 year old. But I don't. I still feel like a 16 or 17 year old kid who can go do whatever and not get into too much trouble. When we talk to people they always think that Elder Rodriguez is 25 or something when he's barely 20 but as for me, I get ages all over the place. I've had people think I'm older than Elder Rodriguez and some people think I'm 18, must be my boyish charm or something like that. I have come to decide that age really is just a number and that it's different for everyone.

Well that's enough philosophy from the platitudinous mind of Elder Resendez.

So for my birthday we had an awesome surprise. Because it was on a Thursday, it fell on the same day as our weekly district meeting. So half of the day was spent in a long meeting with every missionary in the city of Manchester, that includes the AP's. The surprise was two-fold that day, first being that I had to give the doctrinal discussion. It's like a training on how to be better missionaries and so I was pretty nervous because I would be teaching some of the best missionaries in the mission for about 15 minutes. 

Second, President and Sister Wilkey made a surprise appearance at our meeting making me even more nervous. Pretty good birthday surprise huh? Teaching the Mission President for 15 minutes sounds pretty fun right? Well turns out that either President Wilkey is a good liar or I actually did a half decent job because he said he enjoyed it. I'm thinking he's just a good liar but that's just me.

Then when the meeting ended the Manchester Sisters brought out a cake with 20 candles on it and everyone sang for me. It was pretty dang exciting. They're the best sisters in the whole mission haha. The cake was super delicious and I didn't have to make or buy it which made it better.

Then we went out and taught all day in the hot weather (we don't have our car all the time anymore) but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Oh, and for my birthday I extended a baptismal invitation! She said yes! But it's not super solid yet but I still enjoyed it.

Well I have three minutes left so I gotta go fast. This week is conference and we will watch it at our regular building because the stake center is about 40 minutes away and out of our area. I can honestly say I have never been this excited for conference in my entire life. But I can barely wait for Saturday! It's going to be so great! So don't miss it or else!

Also, I heard Jeff is engaged. What the heck? I didn't know about any of that. And Uncle Rog is the bishop of the singles ward?? What is the name of the other singles ward? But I know he will be a straight up G as bishop (tell him I said that). I can't wait to get back and see him up there. And we are now in Thomas' ward? That's crazy!

Oops. 10 seconds gotta go!

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment