Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Week 1

Hey family, friends, and anyone else reading this!

Sorry to build the suspense for so long but today is my first P-Day and we can only write letters on P-Day so this is my first chance. Just to paint a picture of what is going on right now, I'm in a basement doing laundry while typing this email. We only get 30 minutes and the computer seriously counts down the seconds so it's pretty annoying and it makes you rush. I just read your emails and yes that picture is good to use. My favorite scripture is Philippians 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me). On the plaque it should show the area of my mission so please don't forget that I won't only serve in New Hampshire. I also may serve in New York, Massachusetts, Maine, and Vermont. So I would like those to be included. Thanks!

Ok, so as for me, it was pretty hard to say goodbye at the airport. It was like when I went to BYU but by thursday morning I was alright. My temporary companion was named Elder Fairchild and he was super goofy! He cracked me up. He tried to teach our shuttle driver but didn't know what he was saying so I was laughing quietly to myself. But then we split up and I got to meet my district. There's ten of us and 8 of us are going to the same mission. The other two are going to Rochester, New York which is sweet as because they have Palmyra in their area. Those two are Elders Bagley(Atlanta, Georgia) and Hoffman(San Diego). Then there's Elders Whittington(my comp from missouri), Robinson, Hatch, Dench, Woodruff, Dickinson, and Adams. Most of them are pretty cool but Dench and Robinson get on each other's nerves but it's pretty funny when that happens. Mal, I just got your big package (a miniature Christmas tree) today and I love it! I'm worried about what to do with it in 2 weeks but for now we all love it. Oh and in our room there is six of us (Bagley, Hoffman, Adams, Dickinson, Whittington, and me). The other four are next door. Elder Hoffman is our district leader and he's super cool. He reminds me of Val Galvan so sometimes I just look at him because they look so similar and then I realize I'm staring at him. I'm the senior companion for this week but it doesn't really mean much because we both are clueless. My comp, Elder Whittington is a great guy but he was inactive about six months ago and read the Book of Mormon the week before coming here so his knowledge is pretty limited. So a lot of the time I feel like the trainer even though I don't know much more. We have taught numerous times and even though it is one of the hardest things I have ever done, I love it! It's so amazing to see how the Gospel of Christ can affect different people. It's like a puzzle each time because you need to find what the person needs and how you can bring them closer to Christ. We don't teach with a flipbook anymore, it's legitimate now haha. We have to know all of the lessons pretty much by heart and be able to teach any one of them based on what someone says.

I love it here and I'm almost out of time so I need to finish.  I'm sure as soon as I log off I will remember something but that's it for now. I love you guys and can't wait to get out into the field so I can share some amazing real stories with you guys! Oh and Dear Elder is best in the MTC. Uh, oh, the timer is red! That means I gotta go! Love you all!

Elder Resendez

P.S. Thanks for all of the letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment